Tuesday, February 17, 2009

"Leaving On a Jet Plane"

Yes, you read that right. We are leaving on a jet plane. Most of you already know, because it was such short notice that I did not even have time to blog about it, I just called everyone instead. But yes, I got a call from Jack on Saturday night saying we are leaving on the 18th! I sat up in bed thinking that it was going to be Tuesday, yes today! I nearly had a coronary... to say the least. I mean I am excited and I sooooooo want to leave and see my husband, but two days notice!!! I did not think I could do it. Of course I never went to the calendar to look up the actual date, just still assuming that it was Tuesday... my bad....

So we are leaving tomorrow, Wed, the actual 18th. And I think I actually got every thing packed and done that I needed to. I work better under pressure I guess.

So we fly out from OKC at 1:50 pm on Wed the 18th, and from there go to Dallas, London Hethrow, Jeddah, Abah (home).... It will take all of 2-3 days. We will arrive in Abah on the 20th but since there is a 9 hour difference it's really 2 1/2 days.... The joys of international travel. Not my favorite part of the trip, but I don't mind flying really, I think I have become pretty good at it, packing (especially carry-ons). People take a whole bunch of crap they don't need onto an airplane, kind of silly really.

Well I guess that's all for now, next time you heard from me I will be on the other side!

1 comment:

  1. You guys take care...update the blog often!
    Love you two!

    ReplyDelete