Sunday, February 22, 2009

We Are Here!

We have made it to Saudi, we actually arrived about 7am (saudi time) on the compound on Thursday. I have been so tired and busy unpacking that I forgot to post, and forgot to take any pictures. I was so mad at myself, i was gonna take picts of Jack and Hunter meeting at the airport and our arrival at the compound and our walk into the apartment, I just forgot.

Jet lag is a bitch! I have been sleeping at all these weird hours, trying to stay up as long as possible, yesterday was probably the best day. I woke up at 5:30am, managed to stay up all day until 7pm, then i crashed on the couch. Finally went to bed about 8pm and of course woke up at 12 midnight wide awake and ready to go again. Crazy i know. But i got up for only about 2 hours then was able to go back to sleep and woke again at 6am. So thats okay, I cant complain too much!

Hunter and I went to the pool yesterday, (yes i forgot the camera). He had so much fun! I figured we would be there for an hour or so.....no... we got there at 10 am and stayed till way past 2pm. Hunter wore himself out! When we got home he immdeiately wanted to put on his pjs, I figured he would fall asleep watching tv, what i did not expect is him to actually "ask" to go take a nap! He slept for hours till we finally woke him up at 6!

I of course was sitting in the shade and still got burned! I have to remember to lather myself in sunscreen whenever i leave the house. I mean for pete's sake, i was sitting in the freakin shade!!! I did the same freakin thing last time i was here, burned myself to a crabby shade of red and purple. Thankfully this time its not as severe, just a bit bright red on my arms and face. It will "hopefully" go tan, but doubt it. I will probably be as red as a beet for about 3 days then look like a snake shedding skin for about another week. The joys of having fair skin. I hate it!!!!

That is pretty much all that is going on, we have settled in to the apartment, have pretty much everything unpacked and i have already gone over Jack's "cleaning" job over the entire house. HA HA. He says i am neurotic...I dont know about that, i just think i am "healthier" than most people. Have I mentioned that I miss my vacuum cleaner!!!! I knew that I would with light beige carpeting throughout the house! But honestly the vacuum that they give us is a joke!!! I broke it out the other day and immediately began sneezing fits for hours.... Needless to say we are going vacuum shopping on Thursday! Yeah! (maybe i will make it that long)...

Okay I promise I will try to get some pictures of us this time! I am sure Hunter will want to go to the pool every day for the rest of his life now....

No comments:

Post a Comment