Sunday, April 4, 2010

Another month...another choice

So I saw the doctor last night. I was nervous, scared, dreaded going in to tell her that we were not gonna be able to do the injections this month. I was scared that she would yell at me for some reason, which is stupid because she is the nicest lady. Anyway, she seemed genuinely concerned and disappointed for me that my menses came... no prego...

She immediately started talking over with us in detail about what we do from here. She recommends laproscopy on my ovaries to remove or "clean up" the lining of them. The walls of my ovaries are very thick, and i do have several small old cycsts around the lining of the ovaries which makes ovulation hard. The eggs have a very hard time growing properly and then rupturing out of the ovary when they are this way. So the doctor said from her experience this would be a good alternative for me, along with fertility meds so increase our chances of having a healthy egg for fertilization.

She is going to contact the insurance company to see if they will approve the surgery for other reasons (not associated with infertility), we are keeping our fingers crossed that they do.

She started me on clomid again, the max dose, for 5 days. They give me a bit of a headache, but no where near as bad as last month. I get hot very quickly and sweat alot, but other than that not very many side effects. I continue taking metformin, folic acid, multi-vit, and another hormone I only take twice a week to decrease my prolactin (hormone which produces milk or lactation) which can keep you from getting prego...

I feel like a pharmacy, and I really have to keep on top of myself to take them all at the proper time. I am horrible at remembering, and even worse I will take it and forget if I have or not. I need a pil box I guess.

Anyway, I really did get quite a bit of relief from our visit to the doctor. She really makes me feel comfortable like she knows exactly what she is doing, and voices my concerns before i have even asked her... So she really seems to be in tune with what I need. Great! Its all falling into place, we shall see where it takes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment